Job Description: Job Summary
The Public Relations Coordinator coordinates and manages the internal and external communications and public awareness/public relations activities of the Mississippi Coalition Against Domestic Violence (MCADV).
Public Awareness/Public Relations
• Designs, organizes and evaluates activities and materials for Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Crime Victims Rights Week, and Teen Dating Violence Awareness & Prevention Month;
• Develops contacts within the state for the sponsorship of the ongoing domestic violence awareness campaigns;
• Develop and maintain a database of news articles and media contacts;
• Builds relationships with media statewide; and
• Facilitates the display of domestic violence information with the member shelter programs and at conferences, expos and other related events;
• Develops and updates domestic violence resource information;
• Responsible for the development of MCADV publications and brochures, including newsletters, in collaboration with MCADV colleagues;
• Maintains database of news articles and media personnel;
• Maintains MCADV social media sites and website;
• Oversees the organization’s communication initiatives;
• Coordinates press conferences, press releases and statements, arranges speaking engagements for the MCADV Executive Director; and
• Works in conjunction with the Executive Director to oversee and facilitate MCADV communications strategies.
• Coordinates with the Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator special regional training institutes for member shelter programs and other training events hosted by MCADV;
• Provides technical assistance to member shelter programs regarding domestic violence public awareness efforts;
• Maintain inventory and purchases of MCADV promotional items and educational resource materials;
• Plans and implements media advocacy;
• Supports the work of MCADV’s projects; and
• Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
The qualified candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or a related field or equivalent experience in communications, training, and outreach to diverse audiences. The candidate must have strong self-initiative, be able to effectively manage projects in collaboration with others, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be highly computer literate. Knowledge of domestic violence issues and dynamics is a plus.
This position requires some evening and weekend hours. In-state travel and occasional out-of-state travel is required. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
MCADV seeks to provide an equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard for their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected category and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity
Posted March 13, 2018
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 23, 2018 No phone calls.