Who We Are
The Mississippi Center for Nonprofits is the state’s only nonprofit management training and resource center. For the thousands of nonprofit organizations across the state, the Center is the primary source of management training, technical information, advice, answers, coaching and connection to vital resources. Our mission is to strengthen the capacity of the nonprofit sector to serve the people and communities in Mississippi. We believe we work best when we work together, hence we encourage and foster statewide networking and collaborations among nonprofits.
The Center grew out of repeated requests by community-based nonprofit organizations who felt an important piece was missing from Mississippi’s nonprofit sector—a statewide association to offer training, peer networking, technical assistance and other needed management services across the state. The Center was incorporated August 18, 1992. Today, the Mississippi Center for Nonprofits has more than 300 member organizations and provides an array of vital management services to those members and hundreds of other nonprofits. The Center has become the place where grassroots nonprofits go for direction and answers to the technical and management questions they face. The Center is still the only organization of its kind in Mississippi.
Our Programs and Services
- Training & Technical Assistance Each year, the Center offers over 75 workshops on a wide range of topics, including fundraising, financial management, board governance, strategic planning and legal compliance. We also host a statewide annual conference.
- Answers, information, advice and connection to vital resources. The Center provides answers and assistance to over 2,000 calls and emails for help each year from nonprofits across Mississippi.
- Partnerships, networks and collaborations. The Center works with foundations, United Ways and nonprofits across the state (and the nation) to build powerful partnerships to address challenging problems.
- Business Partners Program. Members of the Center are eligible for significant discounts on several business products and services like copiers, printers, fax machines, office furniture, tech support, website design and more .
- Advocacy on public policy decisions. The Center keeps a watchful eye on nonprofit legislative issues and is a loud advocate for nonprofits’ interests.